6.10.2011

PTC

I've been here a month now.  I still can't quite get used to it.

And I apologize for my inactivity since then.  Concentrating around here has been... difficult.  The interrogation following my arrival at the PTC was... I'm not really allowed to say, but I think my pain tolerance threshold gained a few levels.  The limp is almost gone now.

I spent probably the first week or so just resting and trying to rebuild my mental stamina.  The PTC went back to the college and recovered some of my belongings like my laptop.  Put it through the wringer on analysis looking for evidence that I may have been a proxy... the only thing on there I was guilty of was some pirated media and some really, really bad fan fiction from freshman year.   Anyway, I finished up the then work in progress Compilation - Dreams in Darkness Part 5, but since then I've been unable to focus on anything.

Not for lack of trying.  There's just been plenty of interesting stuff around here and plenty of time to think.  It feels safer here than at the school... I know that HE can get anywhere, and I've certainly gotten that bad feeling from time to time like I'm being watched, but I'm reasonably certain Benefactor and the like can't get in here.  And I've been thinking long and hard about Benefactor too, but more on that later.

I've not necessarily been under lock and key... I've got access to most of the unrestricted parts of the facility, and have been out of it a few times.  It's dependent on where the off-duty personnel are going for their leisure time, but I've been permitted to tag along a few times.  Good to get my mind off things.  Can't tell you WHERE without giving the location away, but there's been some interesting sights.

On base, I spent some time in the science wing but I was quickly banned from there.  Goggles got a bit annoyed with all my questions about Tablet and PATCH.  That or it was all the Skynet jokes.  Other major on base happenings... well...

Week 2 they brought me out to witness a proxy execution.  Not entirely sure why... unless they were still suspicious of me and trying to intimidate me.  It was... not a clean execution.  Six or seven proxies, eight men firing squad style, but with automatic weapons.  Then the janitor is called.  I still cringe as I type this.

And then earlier this week, I bore witness to one of the famed PTC funerals, for two of the men killed in Operation Big Game Hunting. Not as funny as we were led to believe.  You've probably never seen what a hand grenade does to a cadaver.  I have.  I wish I hadn't.  At least I'm prepared if I ever find the body of a Slender victim.  Slightly less gruesome possibly.

And thank god I was in my room on Monday morning when the base got attacked.  I just hid under the bed.  Not ashamed of that, people out there trying to kill each other with automatic weapons and all, and I'm just a college student who's completely out of place here.

I'm not sure what's going on with Benefactor.  Either he stopped paying attention when he thought I was dead and hasn't noticed that I'm back, or something happened to him.  If he was dead that would solve a lot of problems, but somehow I doubt it, unless he was one of those proxies who got plastered on the wall at the execution area.  He may be waiting for something.  I don't know.  I just know he's got a lot to answer for.

9 comments:

  1. after all the shit im going through its nice to see you again DC. I have to ask you about something. The older slenderman from logan. that was portrayed with a hat right?

    Then when i watched the angels gamesa that one had a hat 2 right?

    Cause i need to know at this point. Crazy fanatic or real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you aren't dead. Proxy or not, a lot of my original information and hunting places came from you.

    What was all the commotion on your twitter about, by the way? The tweet about catching someone. Who exactly got caught?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proxy's can use guns? SHIT. Oh yeah I saw the big guy about 2 and a half weeks ago is it bad im still home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, interesting. In all logic, they should be done with you... I'd say to proceed with as much caution as possible. They want something, Doctor, and it doesn't seem you can trust them.

    Heh. It's hard to trust anything these days.

    And no matter what their //true// purpose is, the compileTRUTH videos have definitely proved useful to us. Thank you.

    And good luck. Seems you'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doc, remind me to stay far away from the PTC, please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The PTC really is an awful addition to the Slenderman Mythos. I had been hoping you might cover the less savory side of the mythos: PTC and Breaker and No Escape from Reality and such, but it's tragic you've decided to throw in with this storyline, if you can even call it that.

    Anyways, I'm sure you're busy with work and stuff, so I won't bug you about when the next Compilation goes up, but I think we'd all prefer less awful internet fanfiction and more of your genuinely interesting and insightful commentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To the above comment:

    If you're gonna complain about the PTC, at least have the courtesy to go do it on the PTC blogs, and not compileTRUTH.

    Thank you, good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not gonna be commenting for a while. I'm still unsure who to believe at the moment.

    -GreyouTT

    ReplyDelete